Nov. 23, 2:35 p.m. Bogdana Babich, director of the Kyiv-based Institute for Practical Politics, on behalf of EuroMaidan protesters, posts to Facebook a list of demonstrators' demands.
"We, citizens of Ukraine who gathered on Independence Square, we have clear requirements," it begins.
The demands are as follows:
1. We demand from President (Viktor Yanukovych) to sign an association agreement with the European Union.
2. To demand from the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to cancel orders of the government from November 21, 2013 on the suspension of European integration processes.
3. To demand parliament to adopt the necessary legislative acts concerning European integration.
4. Handle the request to the European Commission, European Parliament and EU member governments to remove all additional terms and conditions that prevent the signing of an agreement on associate membership with the EU.
5. Handle request to the European Commission, European Parliament and EU governments not to put the future of Ukraine's dependence on those individual personalities of Ukrainian politicians. -- Christopher J. Miller